Thursday, February 26, 2009

Words & Phrases to love & hate



Hate 'em:

Stimulus - For one, it sounds dirty. It does make me giggle, but I wish they could think of something else to call the proposed economy revival plan. It’s even worse when they combine it with “package.”

Any combination of a man’s name and a woman’s name that is meant to describe them as a couple; for example, “Bennifer” or “Brangelina” – the reason for this should be rather obvious.

Bailout – It’s not that I hate this word I just disagree with the principle behind it. Pouring our hard-earned tax dollars into banks and auto companies where the chances of the funds being used to pay for executive bonuses, executive retreats and private jets are high…yeah, that sounds like a brilliant plan.

Chillaxin’ – It’s just stupid.

Tramp Stamp – One tattoo on the small of her back does not a tramp make. I, myself, loving wife and mother with a respectable job, have a tattoo on my lower back as do several of my friends and even a couple of my family members. I dare you to call any one of us a tramp. We’ll F- you up.

Love 'em:

Douchebaggery – Yes it’s a made up word, but it’s still funny. I believe the technical definition would be “what a douche bag is guilty of or famous for.” Ever since I heard it used on a TV show a couple of weeks ago to describe Criss Angel, I haven’t been able to stop laughing about it.

Really? – I like being able to be sarcastic with just one word.

O M G – It’s usually best when you drag out the sound of each letter individually and it’s definitely better than taking the Lord’s name in vain.

Concur - I don't just agree; I concur.

Mangas and Horno - I get an e-mail at work every day containing the "Spanish Word of the Day." My all time faves are "mangas" (sleeves) and "horno" (oven). We have tricks up our mangas and we pre-heat the horno. Oh yeah, if you're going to cook in the oven, that's "hornee". Seriously, look it up.

2 comments:

Whiskey Belle said...

OMg i am rolling laughing. Can we please pay tribute to SPEIDI, you know...Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag...cause that is my favorite name conjunction!

Sister Belle said...

Please tell me where i can find the "spanish word of the day" that is fantabulous!!!

oh and you and nathan are now NELLI haha